Methodist College Kuala Lumpur (MCKL) is looking for a Senior ICT Support to assist our IT team with the daily operational activities.
This position will be based at our new campus in Penang: MCKL College (Penang, Pykett Campus).
What you will be doing:
- Set up and issue computers/laptops for new employees.
- Attend to user support (i.e.: computer/laptop/printer/network/UCMS etc.).
- Physical maintenance of IT equipment on a periodical basis.
- Prepare and setup computers/laptops and be on standby for all online examinations (i.e.: CBE/EALD/etc.).
Infrastructure & Active Equipment
- Handle IT hardware and software support and its deployment.
- Monitoring the server room.
- Manage active directory (AD) of server.
- Assist and ensure the facial recognition machine is functioning well.
- Attend to network issues and internet issues.
Audio Visual (AV)
- Attend to all AV issues of the campus (ie: classrooms, meeting room, auditorium, etc).
- Manage all AV Equipment.
- Ensure equipment and materials are kept in a neat, clean and tidy condition.
- Provide technical support to employees in the delivery of audio visual, as and when required.
Telephone System (IP PBX)
- Attend to all IP PBX issues of the campus.
- Manage all IP PBX Equipment.
- Provide technical support to employees in the usage of the telephone, as and when required.
Close Circuit TV (IP CCTV)
- Attend to all IP CCTV issues of the campus.
- Manage all IP CCTV Equipment.
- Work closely with ICT colleagues in KL campus in creation of email account, and any other IT related accesses for new employees prior seeking external technical support. Conduct ICT briefing for new employees and provide training to existing employees if required.
- Be the liaison person between users in Pykett Campus and ICT colleagues in KL Campus.
- Handle the booking of ICT laboratories and any ICT related facilities.
- Troubleshooting of IT related issues and consult your direct superior or the ICT team in KL campus for any unresolved issues/requests.
- Responsible for all IT assets, IT related support and upgrading of any software.
- Maintain the IT asset inventory list and ensure it is up to date.
- Support all campus events (i.e.: IT related setup, including sound system etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum a Diploma holder in Computer Science / Information Technology related programmes (Bachelor’s Degree holder will be an added advantage).
- A working professional that has at least 3-4 years of IT technical support related experience.
- Able to work with a wide range of people with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Must be willing to do both hardware and software. Training and guidance will be provided by your immediate superior.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skill.
- Fluent in both English and Bahasa Malaysia (verbal and written).
- A great team player and has a strong willingness to learn.
If the above sounds like you, MCKL wants you!
Drop in your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.