What you will be doing:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the communications marketing industry and the basic principles of integrated communications marketing.
- Organise and implement PR strategic content/activities to create branding awareness.
- Plan and churn out strategic newsworthy content and identify media trends, news cycles, relevant real-time topics, and spin opportunities.
- Develop social media strategies to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Perform market research and competitor analysis.
- Build relationship and network with the media to get commercial exposure.
- Constantly seek and analyse competitor marketing and PR materials, both online and offline.
- Research, write, and distribute press releases to targeted media, presentation decks, media statements, newsletters, speeches and more for both internal and external communications.
- Coordinate press conferences, launches, media interview, and media briefings.
- Analyse results of PR campaigns or efforts and prepare reports.
- Liaise with various departments to ensure consistency in promoting college’s image and reputation.
- Stays up to date with emerging technologies and trends.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree holder in Public Relations, Mass Communications, or related field.
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience in PR, Media, and Creative Agency field.
- Required skill(s): excellent written and spoken English, MS PowerPoint, presentation skills, news writing and social media knowledge are added advantage.
- Required skill (s): excellent written and spoken English, MS Power Point, presentation skills, press releases/advertisement/articles writing and social media management.
- A team player, able to work independently problem-solving skills, highly meticulous and strong executional abilities strong work ethics and performance-driven.
- Able to work under pressure with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel for work assignments within or outside of the region.
- Possess own transport.
If the above sounds like you, MCKL wants you!
Drop in your CV at email@example.com to apply for this position.