Vision & Mission
The Institution of Excellence for Life
To nurture a community where excellence, in all its forms, is celebrated;
and where individuals come alive to their God-given ability
to make a unique difference in the world.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
We believe in the potential of all Collegians to rise to his or her calling as stewards of God’s creation. Their time at MCKL should foster a joy for learning, and an intelligent appreciation of the beauty of nature, and the inalienable worth of every human being. This will lead to a life-long passion for making a significant difference to their families, society and the nation.
WHAT WE CHOOSE TO LIVE BY
- I live life to the full by being the best I can be at work, at play, and in all my interactions with friends, family and society.
- I respect my individuality and the uniqueness of others, striving always to bring about creative and loving solutions to the problems facing my world.
- I uphold the worth of all human beings through my courtesy, integrity, and firm desire to use my gifts for the good of all.
- I rejoice in the knowledge that I am creating an environment where all that is good is encouraged and supported.
- I treat others as I would like to be treated, and through my work give joy and satisfaction to those I serve.
- I set an example of excellence in all I do.
- I never stop growing intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually to fulfil my sacred calling as guide and friend to all Collegians.
- I believe in the unlimited and unique potential of each Collegian in my care, and take personal responsibility for ensuring the fullest expression of their gifts.
Our Core Values
In 2015, the College articulated its Ten Core Values that have always represented the outworking of the vision and mission of the College both past and present in ways that have been consistent with Christian beliefs and the Methodist tradition.
To honour God is to prioritise our thinking, feeling and actions in ways that bring glory to Him. Loving God is expressed in the way we love others.
Respect the beautiful and unique creation that God made us to be by striving to be the best we can possibly be.
Respect other people’s feelings and dignity as we expect others to respect ours.
Respect the belongings (including intellectual property) of other people as we would want others to respect our own belongings.
Cherish the friends around us as equals and learn to compete with them in a healthy and constructive way.
Cherish and protect the valuable God-given natural resources.
Cherish our nation
Cherish the country of Malaysia and its national identity, rich history and diverse cultures, and seek to build and nurture it with the gifts and abilities God has given for the benefit of all.
Strive to achieve our highest dreams and goals through our own honest and hard work. Uphold academic integrity by not cheating or plagiarising another’s work and as far as we are able, help those in need.
Create and enjoy opportunities to experience and appreciate the diverse cultures, beliefs, talents and backgrounds of others.
Be involved in organizations that seek to make the world a better place, in or out of College. Be pro-active; be willing to go the extra mile, striving always for a better future for yourself and others.