Applications for admission are open. Follow the procedures below to ensure a complete submission for admission.
MCKL offers a diverse range of programmes. Start your education journey with us now!
- Choose your programme. You can view the full list of programmes offered in MCKL on the Programmes page.
- Make sure that you fulfil the minimum entry requirement of your chosen programme.
- Check the intake date of your chosen programme.
If you are still undecided or unsure where to begin, fret not. Get in touch with us now to book your slot for a personalised counselling session with our education counsellor.
Decided what you want to study? Let’s start your application.
- Download and complete all sections in the application form.
- Prepare and attach all supporting documents:
- Certified True Copy of Examination Results
- Passport - 2 sets of ALL pages
*Cover-to-cover with validity of at least 12 months, 18 months if applying for a student pass.
- Passport-sized photographs
*High resolution softcopy, 35mm x 45mm with pure white background, as per immigration specification
- High School Leaving Certificate / Release Letter (2 copies)
- A Full Medical Examination Report
*Student Pass Applicants are to submit Full Medical Examination Report only as instructed.
- Proof of An Existing Insurance Coverage *except for students applying for Student Pass
- Other supporting documents (if applicable)
- Arrange payment of Application Fee and Admission Deposit.
Submit your application form with the required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further enquiries on the application process, contact us now. Our team is ready to assist you in your registration process.
*If deposits and / or payments are made via direct bank transfer, please enclose bank-in slip as proof of payment.
*All applications for admission must be accompanied by the required supporting documents and registration fees.
If application is successful, you will need to arrange full payment of the balance fees in no less than 14 calendar days prior to the first day of classes.
- Application is complete only upon payment of all fees due (including deposits).
- If you receive conditional offers based on forecast results or equivalent, actual results must be submitted within 5 working days of the release of results.
- Other terms and conditions may be applicable for international students, as advised by our education counsellors and International Student Services Office.
Congratulations on being part of MCKL fam!
- You can now explore the services, facilities and resources that are available to you as a student at MCKL.
- You can access to your student emails and choose your subjects for your programme.
- Most importantly, attend the orientation and enjoy the fun!
All the best in your higher education journey with MCKL.
What to expect as an International Student
It is our hope that you, as an International Student at Methodist College Kuala Lumpur, will be able to fully experience the holistic learning environment of the College during your time with us and emerge an enriched individual ready to take on the challenges of the world in the next chapter of your lives.
While all students have a responsibility to give their best in their studies and adhere to the College rules and regulations, International students have the added responsibility to comply with the various laws as well as law enforcement and governing authorities of Malaysia that oversee International Students. This includes the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Education and the Immigration Department.
Here are a few things to pay extra attention to:
- Maintaining A Valid Legal Status
At all times, International Students must have a valid travel document/passport (at least 12 months validity) and a valid pass from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. These may include:
- Dependent / Long Term Social Visit Pass
- Immigration Exemption Pass
- Permanent Resident Status
- Resident Pass
- Student Pass
If you are applying for a new student pass, you must have 18 months validity on your passport. If you are renewing your current student pass, you must have 12 months validity on your passport.
- Good Conduct
International Students must abide by all governing laws, rules and regulations of the College and of Malaysia. Students are not permitted to engage in any activity that is deemed criminal and an endangerment to life or property, etc. This also includes unauthorized employment on your student pass or other passes that do not expressly permit employment.
Attendance of all International Students are reported regularly to the Ministry of Education. Students should meet at least 80% attendance in each class enrolled. Absences need to be evidenced by Medical Certificates or explanation letters from the parent/guardian. This is also a requirement to maintain College-awarded Scholarships.
- Academic Performance
International Students are required to meet at least a 2.0 GPA every semester.
- Insurance Coverage
All International Students are required by our Ministry of Education to have a comprehensive insurance coverage with provisions for inpatient and outpatient treatment, hospitalization, surgery and repatriation. Students on a Student Pass will have an insurance coverage which meets these minimum requirements as part of the student pass application process. For our international students studying on other types of passes, the College will advise and give recommendations on undertaking a policy that meets these requirements. Proof of an existing policy / coverage which meets these requirements are acceptable.
Failure to adhere to any of the above will be followed by warning letters and possible dismissal from the College. These may also affect Immigration’s decision to renew passes and future approvals for re-entry into Malaysia.
As such, International Students should be conscientious about these details pertaining to education and legal requirements, as well as the relevant laws and deadlines for renewals etc. This is where our International Student Services Office (ISSO) steps in: to provide the necessary support for International Students who are currently studying at the College. Briefings will also be given during the Orientation Programme for all new International Students.
Here are some helpful external resources for International Students:
Admission Process & Immigration Requirements
If you have decided to join the College, please drop us an email at email@example.com on the procedures and fees.