The subjects offered in this programme are comprehensive and extensive to ensure students are well prepared to work professionally in a variety of professions in the early childhood sector and succeed in it.
Substantial Practicum Exposure
Over the course of the programme, students will complete two practicums. This opens the opportunity for students to translate classroom learning into practice, gain hands-on experience working alongside experienced kindergarten teachers, and learn in a professional working environment.
Qualified & Experienced Academic Team
Learn from a combination of both passionate and nurturing lecturers, who are well qualified and experienced in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) industry.
Students are able to obtain quality education at an affordable cost at MCKL, one of the most affordable private universities in Malaysia. Various scholarships are also available.
Strong Network to Provide Industrial Experience
MCKL has built strong relationships with a wide range of childcare centres and kindergartens to place students during their practicum and explore employment opportunities upon graduation.
Holistic Learning Environment
At MCKL, we focus on all-encompassing growth, pairing community and service-learning activities with the programme’s academic content to create a holistic approach to tertiary education and to provide students with continuous exposure to enhance their soft skills.
Proven Track Record
MCKL has a proven track record of students graduating with honours and first-class honours after furthering their studies at renowned universities overseas.
Established Global Partnership
Through our partner universities, students have the option to transfer over to pursue their final year degree programme at various prestigious universities. Take this opportunity to study abroad with our globally recognised programme.
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Child Development 1
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Language and Early Literacy
- Creative Expressions Through Art and Drama
- Physical Education for Young Children
- Programme Planning and Implementation
- Observation and Assessment of Young Children
- Infant and Toddler Care
- Teaching Social Studies to Young Children
- Play in Early Childhood Education
- Partnership with Families and the Community
- Teaching Mathematics to Young Children
- Creative Expressions Through Music and Movement
- Child Development 2
- Guidance of Young Children
- Children with Special Needs
- Foundations of Professional Practice
- The National Preschool Standard Curriculum
- Child’s Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Entrepreneurship and Early Childhood Administration
- English Enhancement
- Teaching Young Children with Learning Disabilities
- Practicum I:
Block Practice in Childcare Centre (TASKA)
- Practicum II:
Block Practice in Preschool/ Kindergarten (TADIKA)
*Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU)
- Falsafah dan Isu Semasa
- Information Literacy
- Character Formation
- Service Learning
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- For local students who do not have credit in SPM BM
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- For international students
*MPU: The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) (i.e. General Studies) within the duration of their studies. MCKL established a series of subjects that different programs need to implement for all students to meet the Ministry’s requirements. Subjects will differ depending on the institution and the level of degree the student is taking.
SIJIL PELAJARAN MALAYSIA (SPM)
Min. 3 credits in any subjects
O LEVEL / IGCSE
Min. 3 credits in any subjects
SIJIL TINGGI PERSEKOLAHAN MALAYSIA (STPM)
Min. Grade C in any subjects
ICCE GENERAL CERTIFICATE
Min. 80% in 5 subjects
APEL (A) CERTIFICATE
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Government will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Top Up 1-2 Years for Degree Overseas
Students who graduate from MCKL with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education can opt to top up one to two years for a degree in Ireland, United Kingdom or New Zealand through our partner universities.
Partner universities that offer a 1-year degree programme:
- Munster Technological University (MTU), Ireland
- University of Northampton, UK
- University of Gloucestershire, UK
Partner universities that offer a 2-years degree programme:
- New Zealand Tertiary College (NZTC), NZ
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- Deakin University, Australia
Successful Admission to Universities Worldwide
MCKL has successfully assisted students in enroling into various universities locally and abroad for their undergraduate studies. Those countries include Australia, UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand.
Tuition Fee: RM20,900
*Fees above are just estimated fees which exclude student resource fees, registration fees and other miscellaneous fees.
*Fees apply to local and international students.
*Contact our Education Counsellor team today for more detailed information on the programme fees.